EverWatch is a government solutions company providing advanced defense, intelligence, and deployed support to our country’s most critical missions. We are a full-service government solutions company. Harnessing the most advanced technology and solutions, we strengthen defenses and control environments to preserve continuity and ensure mission success.
Northwood Global Solutions, an EverWatch company is a technology solutions and integration company specializing in cloud migration, cyber security, analytics, and big data solutions. We employ high end engineering and development staff to help government customers with their most challenging technical problems. Our focus is on our customer's mission. We partner with our customers to ensure that technology becomes a mission enabler.
Looking for a Data Scientist with an entrepreneur’s mindset to support a fast-paced and growing data science team working on projects critical to National Security. The position is located within a classified space in the Northern Virginia area, and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance.
The Data Scientist will be expected to build statistical models, test hypotheses, interpret, summarize, visualize, and succinctly report on data findings. The Data Scientist will perform research on various data sources, to include unstructured data using quantitative and qualitative content analytics. The Scientist will construct and perform complex database search queries in multiple databases using SQL and API interfaces. The Scientist will perform web scraping and apply various techniques for processing unstructured data. The Scientist will leverage automation and machine learning to manage data, predict scenarios and make recommendations. The Data Scientist will contribute to building new analytical tools and packages across the enterprise and will be expected to collaborate with team members in a highly technical environment. The Data Scientist will be expected to learn and leverage emerging technologies including AWS and Git.
• Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative subject or related field ( for example, statistics, mathematics, economics, or related field)
• In order to qualify as a Journeyman, candidates are required to have a BS degree + a minimum of 3 years of applicable work experience. In order to qualify as a Senior, candidates are required to have a BS degree + 8 years of applicable experience OR a Master’s degree + 6 years of applicable experience
• TS/SCI clearance with polygraph required
• Strong experience working with Python or R programming languages
• Experience working with data manipulation, analytic/business insight tools, and data visualization experience
• Experience with SciPy stack or Tidyverse packages
• Experience constructing and performing complex database search queries
• Experience/ knowledge of computer science concepts, data architecture, and experience/knowledge of statistics
• Demonstrated experience using statistical and machine learning techniques including supervised and unsupervised learning and natural language processing
• Experience /familiarity with frequentist statistics and probability including predicative modeling