EverWatch is a government solutions company providing advanced defense, intelligence, and deployed support to our country’s most critical missions. We are a full-service government solutions company. Harnessing the most advanced technology and solutions, we strengthen defenses and control environments to preserve continuity and ensure mission success.
EverWatch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, citizenship or immigration status, and veteran status or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
The Sr. Maintenance Mechanic performs skilled work in the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, service and repair to facilities mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, water and waste treatment systems, fire and life support safety equipment and elevators systems. The Sr. Maintenance Mechanic monitors the performance of heating, cooling, and related systems by interpreting the energy management system alarms and temperature and pressure differentials, troubleshoots problems, and makes adjustments, when necessary. The Sr. Maintenance Mechanic also performs preventive maintenance work based on equipment manufactures recommended procedures and the facilities computerized maintenance management system, CMMS. Maintains accurate records of buildings systems and equipment and ensures there are ample spare parts and materials in stock to keep systems operational.
* Performs skilled mechanical maintenance by inspecting and testing elements of facilities systems to locate and diagnose faults and malfunctions.
* Monitors the performance of heating, cooling, and related systems by interpreting the energy management system alarms and temperature and pressure differentials.
* Assures the proper operation of a wide variety of mechanical systems and devices including pumps, motors, and compressors.
* Performs preventive maintenance to keep facilities systems to prescribed operating standards and/or performance rates.
* Troubleshoots problems, and makes adjustments and/or performs required repairs using hand tools and precision measuring and testing devices.
* Provides detailed estimate of repair (and/or replacement) costs beyond the capability to perform.
* Repairs existing facilities systems according to work orders or verbal instructions by inspecting the work site to determine the materials, equipment, tool requirements, and method to be used; developing a plan or lay out for the project or following a blueprint, sketch or schematic; assembling, fabricating or building and installing materials, equipment, or fixtures as required by the scope of work.
* Performs basic plumbing work by repairing existing plumbing and pipe lines, replacing washers in valves, installing plumbing fixtures, such as sinks, toilets, water heaters, and connecting them to outlet and inlet pipes by fitting with gaskets, couplings, traps, and valves, and soldering connections to seal joints, and opening clogged drains and stopped-up toilets.
* Performs basic electrical work by replacing faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, breakers, insulators and other simple elements of electrical systems, fixtures and equipment, installing new conduit, wiring, and electrical machinery, inspecting and testing electrical lighting, power circuits, and equipment, and maintains and repairs existing electrical wiring, equipment, and installations, and providing an estimate of repair (and/or replacement) costs beyond the capability to perform.
* Serves as a principal advisor to OBO/FAC and oversees the planning, organizing, coordinating of activities, resources, equipment and information for large single and/or multiple projects.
The Senior Maintenance Mechanic (all levels, all backgrounds) shall meet the below qualifications.
* Must maintain a valid driver’s license to operate Mission vehicles.
* Must have good working knowledge to identify and mitigate safety hazards and capable to ensure Facilities comply with local environmental, U.S. OSHA and local safety standards.
* Mastery of project management concepts, methods, and best practices to provide expert guidance to Facilities Maintenance in meeting short and long term operational requirements and in developing plans that optimize operational efficiency and effectiveness in the assigned maintenance management and support area.
* Mastery of the full range of principles, concepts, methods, and practices in maintenance management required to oversee the planning and execution of operations and to ensure coordination with other related activities.
* Knowledge of regulations governing the acquisition of equipment, personnel, and supplies required to support Embassy operations. Ability to manage critical, time sensitive projects that require extensive coordination across program and organizational lines within the Mission, the Department, and with other USG agencies and non-governmental and private organizations; and the efficient management of assigned resources including government and contractor staff needed.
* Ability to take decisive action and obtain consensus on operational requirements on behalf of management.
* Ability to interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning, operations, and management initiatives in the assigned program area.
* Ability to interact effectively with individuals in garnering cooperation and support for key planning and project management initiatives in the assigned program area.
* Ability to provide leadership and work effectively, cooperatively, and harmoniously in a multi-disciplinary team environment under considerable stress and tight deadlines, and with minimal supervision in meeting demands associated with a high profile, results-driven activity. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to plan, organize, coordinate, and oversee operations, provide advice and guidance, reconcile conflicting viewpoints, negotiate agreements with various stakeholders, resolve complex and often controversial technical and management issues, and represent Facilities in a variety of forums.
* Active Top Secret security clearance preferred