EverWatch is a government solutions company providing advanced defense, intelligence, and deployed support to our country’s most critical missions. We are a full-service government solutions company. Harnessing the most advanced technology and solutions, we strengthen defenses and control environments to preserve continuity and ensure mission success.
EverWatch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, citizenship or immigration status, and veteran status or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
EverWatch is in search of a General Ledger Accountant in Reston, VA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounting and Reporting
* Assist with month-end closing process
* Complete and maintain accurate GL account reconciliations
* Maintain accounting control procedures
* Perform analysis and accounting research as needed.
* Assist with Account payable process, to include reviewing invoices, recording AP vouchers, filing
receipts, and communicating with employees and/or vendors.
* Respond to audit requests Support
* Provide support to Finance department with follow up on invoices, etc.
* Explain expense reporting, accounts payable invoices, invoices to customers, and accounting policies to
staff, leaders, vendors and customers.
* Assist accounting department with scanning and filing of documentation
* Assist accounting department pulling documentation for the annual financial audit
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting
* 3-4 years of accounting experience
Experience with Microsoft Excel
*Experience in Government Contract Accounting, experience with CostPoint a plus
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
* Skilled in math application, detailed oriented, good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work independently as well as the ability to work well with accounting team