EverWatch is a government solutions company providing advanced defense, intelligence, and deployed support to our country’s most critical missions. We are a full-service government solutions company. Harnessing the most advanced technology and solutions, we strengthen defenses and control environments to preserve continuity and ensure mission success.
EverWatch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information, citizenship or immigration status, and veteran status or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
**This position is 80% telework**
The U.S. Department of State is the lead institution for the conduct of American diplomacy and the Secretary of State is the President’s principal foreign policy advisor. The Department of State’s mission is to advance U.S. national security interests, fight terrorism, protect U.S. interests abroad, and implement foreign policy initiatives that build a freer, prosperous and secure world.
INL keeps Americans safe at home by countering international crime, illegal drugs, and instability abroad. INL helps countries deliver justice and fairness by strengthening their police, courts, and corrections systems. These efforts reduce the amount of crime and illegal drugs reaching U.S. shores.
The KM office’s Division of Continuing Education and Training (KM/CET) assists by identifying and utilizing the expertise of U.S. police, corrections, justice, maritime, and other criminal justice-related organizations to help with INL program training and mentoring projects. KM also conducts pre-deployment training for INL’s contracted and partnership advisors before they deploy to their assignments and serves as a best practices hub for training in the INL bureau. KM uses a diverse array of mechanisms to execute its mission, including memoranda of understanding, intergovernmental personnel agreements, and grants.
The Training and Partnership Program Assistant will devote 75% time to working on implementation of INL/KM’s partnership program and 25% of time supporting training and training issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assists KM/CET’s partnership training team in implementing the systems, processes, and procedures for the completion of training efforts by our partners in support of INL assistance programs.
· Provides support to the KM/CET training division by implementing administrative procedures such as: (1) managing the approval process for deploying implementing partners, including completing the IPA packages; (2) arranging travel for deploying partners, as needed; (3) providing logistical support for training classes and training team members; (4) performing file management and data entry; and (5) performing administrative contract management functions.
· Provides support for special events, such as steering committees and partnership events, including scheduling meetings, escorting participants, fulfilling other logistical requirements, etc., including for other training programs within the division.
· Prepares paperwork to assist the grants officer representative for packages effectuating state/local partners’ training.
· Drafts memos or other correspondence for the office on training related issues as requested for the front office or others.
· Assists with preparing trip books or briefing materials for office leadership or INL Front Office principals’ travel or meetings.
· Conducts research on training or state/local agencies or topics to support the state/local partnership program.
Partnership Program Management Support
· Assists in the planning and execution of overseas training deployments with INL criminal justice partners, including but not limited to: working with KM subject matter experts to refine partner deployment requirements; communicating with INL Washington and embassy-based staff on all aspects of deployment; drafting, reviewing and coordinating all deployment related paperwork, including obligating documents; working with INL staff to coordinate all logistical aspects of study tours with INL partner agencies; reviewing and monitoring deployment expenditures, including invoices; and working closely with KM staff to monitor and evaluate the partner deployments and study tours to determine impact.
· Drafts and/or reviews INL program documents such as statements of work, terms of reference, budgets, intergovernmental personnel agreements, letters of agreement, interagency agreements, etc. in support of the INL mission.
· Coordinates with SME advisors on state and local partnerships, including working directly with these partners in a liaising role on documents, communications, events, etc.
· Participates in outreach activities with domestic and international criminal justice communities and writes after action and trip reports.
· Arranges travel, including setting up traveler accounts in the Department’s travel system, booking flights, and ensuring the flights are ticketed in a timely fashion by working, as necessary, with INL’s Executive Office staff and the Department’s contract travel agency. Also, processing travel vouchers for travelers once deployment is completed.
· Provides recommendations based on market research to KM staff, INL program offices, embassies and foreign governments on INL processes and procedures for the delivery of U.S. foreign assistance, including KM’s partnership program.
· Tracks the status of all U.S. police partnerships and related activities, including all required reports, invoices, payments, intergovernmental agreements (IAAs), intergovernmental personnel agreements (IPAs), Cooperative Agreements, Grants, and other relevant instruments and alerts the officer responsible of action needed or sends timely reminders directly to the partner.
· Enhances the ability of the office to support overall mission requirements through use of database or spreadsheet software; graphics software; and online document management software (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint).
· Maintains all files (electronic and paper) for the partnership training team to ensure consistency with the KM records management schedule and office practices. Ensures files have all pertinent documents and signatures. Maintains and accurately updates file system to enable quick and efficient retrieval of information. Accurately purges files or performs other file disposition actions in accordance with established procedures.